WELCOME TO THAILAND
Rightly famous for the stunning palm-fringed beaches of the south, there is much more to this beautiful country. This is a land of mountains, jungles, ancient ruins and glittering temples.
- Thailand is famous for its food. Take a cooking class and recreate your favourite dishes at home
- Visit beautiful Buddhist temples and learn about the country’s main religion
- Have a cocktail on top of the world at Moon Bar in Bangkok
- Laze on the beautiful beaches of Koh Kradan
- Explore the ancient city of Ayutthaya
EXPLORE BY AREA
Idyllic beaches, hidden island gems and stunning national parks, southern Thailand is popular for a reason, but it’s not all overrun by tourism. Step outside the hot spots for tranquil landscapes and the real-deal spicy food southern Thailand is known for.
Thai food is regional. You’ll be able to find Pad Thai anywhere but it’s worth sampling some of the regional specialties.
PLANNING YOUR TRIP
Read my full Thailand guide
- Thailand Facts
- Social Customs
- Food & Drink
Click on a post below or view all posts here
In this picture I’m in a tree nursery in Northern Thailand, planting a sapling as part of a conservation project
Little Amy Tours in Thailand
When I first travelled to Southeast Asia I found a whole new array of sights, smells and flavours – like nothing I’d ever experienced before. I was only in Thailand a couple of weeks but as soon as I was home I immediately wanted to be back. There’s just something about this place that keeps drawing me in.
Visited Aug 2013, Mar 2015, Nov & Jan 2016, Mar & Aug 2017